Please answer the PAR-Q test.
The First Step
Before you begin an exercise program, take a fitness test or substantially increase your level of activity, make sure to answer the following questions. This physical activity readiness questionnaire (PAR-Q) will help determine if you are ready to begin an exercise routine or program.
- Has your doctor ever said that you have a heart condition or that you should participate in physical activity only as recommended by a doctor?
- Do you feel pain in your chest during physical activity?
- In the past month, have you had chest pain when you were not doing physical activity?
- Do you lose your balance from dizziness? Do you ever lose consciousness?
- Do you have a bone or joint problem that could be made worse by a change in your physical activity?
- Is your doctor currently prescribing drugs for your blood pressure or a heart condition?
- Do you know of any reason you should not participate in physical activity?
If you answered yes to one or more questions, if you are over 40 years of age and have not been active recently or if you are concerned about your health, please consult your doctor before taking a fitness test or substantially increasing your physical activity.
If you answered no to each question, then it’s likely that you can safely begin exercising.